- Thursday | May 26, 2022
- 6:00 pm
Intended for high school classes or community settings with groups of teens, ages from 14 to 18, It’s Real: Teens and Mental Health is a 45-minute program that provides young people with mental health education and resources. The program raises awareness about mental health issues, how to start a conversation about mental health, the importance of self-care, and how to reach out for help.
Attendees will learn:
- What mental health is and how it’s both similar to and different from, physical health
- How to notice signs of someone needing help
- Tips and strategies for having a caring conversation with someone they might be worried about
- Methods of self-care for mind, body, soul, and surroundings
- Examples of trustworthy resources
- How reaching out to trusted adults can help teens manage their mental health
*Participants must be 14 or older to attend.